Isabella's Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

My flooring project

This week I took on a renovating project in my kitchen, when we moved into this house we had white cupboards, white flooring and light yellow walls. Well the first thing to go was the yellow walls, I painted them a night burnt rusty color, then this spring I painted my cupboards, asa full kitchen renovation is out of the budget range and now this week I redid the flooring, below are some pics. Next is the counter top and that i'll be done in the kitchen for now. For the flooring I used this new product called "Resilient Vinyl Tile" they are almost as think as ceramics but they are made of vinyl, they are peel and stick but not like the cheap peel and stick and you can cut them using a utility knife. You may choose to grout them as well, which is what I did or not. Really easy to work with, the end result looks like a ceramic tile but it's not cold or hard like ceramic.
I forgot to take a before pic, but in this one you can see the old vinyl flooring.

My dog Ziggy, trying to help I guess, he wanted some attention and this is how he got it. I couldn't believe it. lol

My dear husband kept the dogs away as I would have never got work done like this. Not that my joints didn't hurt enough without the added 20lbs.


The finished product, after grouting,

In this one, you can see the new color of the cupboards as well, but I still have the white counter top, it is next to go.... just have to save up for it.











5 comments:

Tammy said...

Ha ha ha ha! I needed a good laugh...the dog on your back reminds me of my cat laying on my chest while I'm trying to do yoga on the floor. This is the same cat who is sitting on my lap mad b/c I'm not paying attention to him while I'm typing this comment.

The floor looks fantastic! Well done!

Stephanie said...

You did a great job! The floor looks great....I like the wall colour as well!

Steph :-)

Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Wow, looks great! I'm very impressed. Derrick recently renovated our kitchen, which was a great blessing. It was pretty gross before. A nice kitchen makes all the difference in a house. Good for you!

Ranavan said...

floor looks great - looks like you had a watchful eye while you were doing it :)

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Very nice!!