Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
One of the few pictures we got of Chris on Christmas day, he was just leaving for work.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
I would like to wish the love of my life a wonderful and happy birthday today. I would also like to take this moment to explain to you all what Chris means to me. Shortly after Chris and I met we began dating and became instant best friends as well as lovers. I knew he was the one after our first date and lucky for me he felt the same. I thank god every day for him, he is always there to make me smile when I need it and always willing to give me a big bear hug when needed as well. He has been so amazing with the last few years of infertility and with the adoption. He has been so supportive and willing to listen to me cry, laugh, talk non stop about the adoption without ever showing he wasn't interested. I could not ask for anyone more special to go on this journey with. I never knew love could be like this and I never knew love could grow on a daily basis. He still, after 8 years, gives me butterflies when he kisses me and still makes my heart feel like it's going to explode. I love him more than I ever thought I could love. I look forward to expanding our family with him and growing old with him. He is going to be such an amazing father and I can't wait to see it all happen. I can only imagine how supportive he will be with our son. He has introduced me to things in life that I never knew about and he has brought me places I never would have gone without him. He is truly my soul mate and I wouldn't change a thing. I sometimes reflex at how lucky I am to have found my soul mate and how I can't imagine life without him in it.
I love you my love.
Monday, December 22, 2008
We also got each other something for Kaysen, I had given him a baseball toy game and a buddy doll and Chris bought him the "Elmo Live" toy, well it's the best and the cutest thing ever. We tested it out and he gives hugs, kisses, tells stories, jokes, plays games its just great. I love it and know it will be a hit. I think it was a great idea for us to exchange a gift for him, it showed that he is already in our hearts and with us during this holilday season. It's such a great feeling to walk in the living room and see children's toys under the tree, and he's not even here yet.
The next few days will be pretty busy for us, Christmas Eve will be at mom's house (tradition), Christmas dinner will be here, and then on the 27th my brother and sister in law arrive and they we have dinner and gift exchange at my sister's and then brunch on the 28th at mom's.
We are having family over for New Year's Eve, well I am anyways as Chris will be working on that day as well. I figure let him work this year and get all the extra pay as next year he will be needing time off, if not around Christmas, shortly after.
Have a safe and happy holiday season, here's to 2009, where many of our lives will be changed forever. 2009, the year we become parents.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping is one of my favorite parts of the season, paper all the time.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, but would love the experience of going to get a real one in the next few years.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually by the 1st of December, this week I was about 1 week late as I was redoing the flooring in the kitchen.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January, it takes alot of motivation to get that done.
5. Do you like eggnog? Only my mom's homemade eggnog with rum....yummy
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Every year I would get what i asked for, so every year was really special, however I loved the year I received my a pair of skies.
7. Hardest person to buy for?my husband
8. Easiest person to buy for? my mother and sister
9. Do you have a nativity scene?No
.10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail (see previous blog entry)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Good question, I can't think of one, so I couldn't have gotten one that was that bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No---not yet anyways.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my almond squares....yummy
16. Lights on the tree? the more the better, they are colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? the chipmunk song
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to travel but now that we live near family we only travel every other year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, but I think i'm getting a new star next year, I just want to find the right one.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We always open christmas eve, but once I have a child I think it will be in the morning.
22. Most annoying part about this time of year? Time goes way to fast, all the time you take preparing and then it's gone. I'm always sad when it's over.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Every year I buy us all (including the dogs) a special ornament for the year and every year it's like a opening presents as I get to remince. I also have a few that have been in our family for close to 30 years. They are all special in their own way.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Definitly the turkey
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I didn't ask for much due to the adoption, but next year I want my SON....
Have a great to all.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tonight is movie night for my mom and I. Seeing as Chris is working graveyard and my dad goes to bed nice and early, my mom and I (and sometimes my sister) get together for a movie night, with a cup of "special" hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and a big bowl of buttered popcorn. Tonight we will be watching one of my favorite christmas movies. "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation". It just gets better every year it's watched.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
After being kids for about 1 hr we dropped by the mall to pick up some hot chocolate from Second cup as it's the best and we don't have one in Sudbury and then drove out to my brother for a great visit. It's so cute as my sister in law is just starting to show, she is approx. 4 mths now, they actually got to hear the heart beat this week. As I was sitting here discussing babies and pregnancy it hit me that my baby is probably conceived at this time. IF the time lines are correct and we are getting a referral in 8 months than he would have to be conceived which means that he has a little heart beat going of his own. I may not be able to hear it physically, but in my heart it's there and it's beating strong awaiting the day he becomes our son. If he is conceived at this point I would just like to send him a small message "Welcome to the world little guy, I hope you are cozy in your mommy's belly. Have fun in there and be careful once you come out, we will be there shortly after to bring you to your FOREVER HOME. Mommy and Daddy both love you lots."
So anyways that was my day and now i'm off to bed and back on the road in the am to get back to my husband and furbabies at home.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
only 6 stacks of approx 20 each...fun fun
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Today my mom and sister and I got together to finish most of our Christmas shopping. We had such a great day, laughing, joking and even a few tears. I know I've mentioned it in my blog before but they are so special to me and moments like these are moments I will forever treasure. We go shopping often but it's so nice to go together, even if most of our shopping was already done. Just allowing us to have "Girl friend" time together, where we can all just be ourselves and discuss what is on our minds. I love my time with them, moments like these were truly missed when I lived out of town and maybe it's because I've grown more mature in the last few years or maybe just because I was away for so long, but I now realize that moments like these are so special that I NEVER EVER want to leave them again.
After shopping we got together at my sisters for dinner as this evening was our Christmas for Evan, my niece Jessyka's boyfriend. Evan has been home for 3 weeks now and is leaving again on Thursday to go back to active duty in Afghanistan, so my sister decided to make his Christmas now as he won't be home for Christmas. It was a great evening. We are all so proud of him and what he is doing our there, not only for our country but mostly for strangers that he has never met and never will. His acts of unselfishness are something we can all aspire to do in our lives. We all wish him a safe return trip, and look forward to having him home for good in April.Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
My niece Danika and I rolling out the dough
Such a great helper
Mom on frying duty. Isn't she cute in her little apron. My sister made her that apron when she was in the 9th grade and she wears every year.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
(song: It's Christmas Time)
This is the only view you get of me. Wow, there was alot of snow.
I can't find it....
Although we had alot of snow, and I hate shovelling it, I mean, who needs a double driveway anyways right?. I love the way snow makes things look. This is the tree outside my front door and below is my little artificial light up tree that is in my walkway.