Isabella's Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life is hard

I wish I was a child again and wouldn't have to worry about all the adult decisions I have to deal with on a day to day basis. I knew the recession was getting worse but this week it hit home with the mines letting go of 700 ppl (my father being one of them)a, which in turn will affect thousands in the community. Real Estate has hit bottom, there are many homes for sale but no one wants to buy as they don't know what the future holds. I feel like I also lost my job as there isn't much hope for a successful Real Estate year. I'm still looking for a job but not sure who is hiring, I have bills to pay, food to buy, house to heat all while worrying about being able to bring my son home when the time comes. I keep telling myself that it's a year away, but if the year keeps going the way it has so far there will be even less money at that time. I just don't know what to do to make all this better. I tend to be the type of person that wants to make sure everyone around me is safe and taken care of, but I just don't know how to do that and it's killing me inside, I haven't slept properly in weeks and have never in all my life been stressed like this. and if you know me, i'm a pretty easy going person that doesn't stress easily. If only I could be a child again and not have to deal with life being so hard....

8 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Oh Natalie, I'm so sorry you're being hit with the economy woes. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I can't offer much help but if you ever need to chat or vent, go for it!

I truly hope things pick up very soon for your family and for everyone else in the same boat.

Hugs,
Rhonda

BCMommy said...

So sorry you are dealing with this. I read your post on the yahoo board and I am sad you are facing this hard tme. I hope you find a way to stick it out and can continue on in your journey. cyber ((HUG)) from me!
Claire

Dancin' Momma said...

I am so sorry, I hope things turn around for you.

The Mannings said...

sending hugs to you Natalie.

Anonymous said...

Life is an amazing journey, full of worries one minute and full of wonders the next. You have time on your side. Your adoption journey and the desires of your heart have not changed. I have no doubt that your son will be waiting for you and once you have seen his face the world will turn again and you will go and get him.

Ranavan said...

Natalie, I am so sorry to hear how hard times are right now...sometimes it just feels like everything happens at once doesn't it?

Things will turn around until then continue to lean on all of us for support

Rana

Alicia said...

Hi Natalie My 3 cousins and my uncle were/are all employed by Xstrata... One of my cousins just got married, had a baby, and bought a house. I felt sick while you were telling me about the layoffs but feel much worse after a few days of thinking about it.
One of my cousins and my uncle we on vacaion and learned about the layoffs on their flight home ... I can't even imagine!?!!

I'm sending you cyber hugs as it's all I can do. I'd love to be able to take you for coffee and just 'be'.
Alicia

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this is happening in your town. It must be so hard to not only have your own future financially to worry about but to see those around you struggling and to have to worry for them too.