Isabella's Age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

We are waiting again.....Yay!!!!!

If you notice at the top of our blog you will notice that we have a new counter up there. A counter that will count the days to Quinten. YES....We are officially waiting again. Our dossier left this week and we are on the list awaiting baby Quinten. We are so excited. The next call we get should be THE call, the call that a birthmother has chosen us to take care of her child. To nuture, teach, love and support for the rest of his life. I can't even imagine how hard that decision will be for the birth family and I will always remember the gift that they have provided us. I can't wait for the day the call comes and I can end our adoption journey and begin our parenting journey.

You will also notice at the top of this blog that the counter for Ethiopia has stopped. I FINALLY sent the email to imagine this week and let Kaysen go, offically. It was much easier than I thought as my excitement for Quinten has taken over. Although our journey to E was and will always be a very large part of our lives our journey to Quinten is the new journey and we are more ready than ever to embark on it. After much sole searching I finally figured out that I was blending one adoption with the other. I kept saying "i've been adopting for years" but since i've changed that to "we tried adopting from E for years but have now began a new journey to Florida" and started looking at things completely seperate my feelings aren't so messed up. Our journey to parenthood has been years but our journey to Q has only been a few months.

I am sooooo excited and can't wait to jump every time the phone rings..!!!!!!!1

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

12 comments:

BCMommy said...

I am so excited for you, Natalie!!! Congrats! I am curious to see how long it takes to get a referral. I am so glad you had he courage to do what I don't. I can't quite give up on Ethiopia...but some days, I am really close...

I have a question, though. What if a birth mother chooses you and she is early in her pregnancy and does not know the gender of the baby. What if it turns out to be a girl? How do you choose a gender for an unborn baby? I am wondering because we had considered a switch to Florida too, but I have my heart set on a daughter.
Do you need to be prepared for 'Quintenessa'?? How does that part work, if you don't mind me asking?

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys. Praying for a very short wait. Maybe we'll get referals at the same time.

Maria said...

Yay!!! Congrats with this new exciting journey and let that call come fast!

Maria

emily said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. And look forward to reading the post where you have Quinten in your arms.

darci said...

yay!!

Janice said...

Wonderful news. I can't wait for the day you get the call.... A brand new chapter begins.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!! Hoping for a speedy referral!

Stephanie said...

This is great....can't wait until you get the call!!!

Steph :-)

Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

YIPEEEE! I've been waiting to see this post on your blog! We are super excited for you! I believe that in the next 9 months you will be parents for sure!! Levi is looking forward to his new little buddy coming to BC! We've got a couple of boxes of cute little clothes sitting on a shelf for you!

Sharla said...

really excited for you! It says a lot that you felt okay about taking your name officially out of the Ethiopia program. To me, that means that you are doing what is right for your family.

Can't wait to hear that you got THE CALL!

Ranavan said...

Yahooooo! So glad you are officially waiting for baby Quinten!!!!!

Alicia said...

What a great way to look at it! A new journey is always so much more exciting!
Congratulations on opening a new chapter in your life. I can't wait to hear the good news.